Monday, November 10, 2008

Ancestry Analysis, aka DNA Results... I'm a mutt

Wow, this was a shocker.. we all thought I was a goofy golden, but there ain't no golden in me. We got the Ancestry Analysis Certificate in the mail today.. it is interesting. Bear with me it is confusing, there are 4 levels:
Level 1 over 75% of the DNA is found in the breed listed.
Level 2 between 37 and 75% of the DNA is found in the breed listed.
Level 3 Between 20 and 36%
Level 4 between 10 and 20%
Level 5 never mind no level 5 in my DNA

So the results are as follows,
Level 2 Chinese Sharpei
Level 3 Rottweiler
Level 4 Labrador Retriever
Level 5 Saluki

My folks said holy crap at this, if my parents had any brains and computer savvy they would post what a Saluki looks like, and even though I am not that leggy or as fast, my ears and tail look like that breed. My tongue is similar to a Sharpei... but who would have thunk this. This is interesting, more will follow as we research and digest this report. The folks are saying they could understand my behavior before because I was a goofy golden.. but what fits now??? Who is my daddy?? Guess mom lied.. I am so confused... this has turned into quite a conundrum.

No comments: