Thursday, March 5, 2009

Kennel Cough..

A dog with kennel cough can be pretty gross, hacking and gagging.. all hours of the day and night.. sometime hurling. Happened for a couple of nights, and then mom took me to the Vet. He confirmed what mom already knew, 10 days of antibiotics.

The Vet tried to pull a fast on me, he put the pills in a special cookie.. but I fooled him, I ate the beef flavored cookie but spit out the pill.. he tried it again in a chicken flavored pill, but I am smarter than that Doctor. Finally mom gracefully threw it down my throat.

Not sure where this came from, but of course everyone has an opinion. Could it be from the Ladd School pack?? Lately we have been feasting on the choice remains of rodents who bought it under the snow and ice, but that does not seem to be it either. Oh well, my behavior has improved and the Doctor thought how growed up I got, I no longer howl when I go to the vet's office and I did not pee on the wall. There is hope, but always best to keep the humans off balance.

No comments: