Thursday, October 2, 2008

Can't help myself..

In the spring my thoughts turned to the all the new wildlife emerging from their long winter nap.. used to get into a lot of trouble then, but nothing can compare to what is going on now.. I am in deep doo doo...

Seems as though there has been an increase in wildlife out this time of year; deer, squirrels, rabbits and even cats. Before I go any further, want all to know I cannot help myself.

It has become more and more obvious that my senses are much better than humans..for example, sometimes I can spot a deer by just smelling, and when they open the door.. bamm!!! I am off into the woods, coming back about 15 minutes later panting like crazy. Sometimes when they are playing ball with me I see a cat or squirrel..bamm!!! I am off again, coming back a short time later.. sometimes I have mud on me. Yesterday when mom came back with Andre, I saw a cat, they did not .. when they let me out of the car..bamm!!! off again.. not amount of whistling can make me change my mind. I can't help myself..

None of this is my fault, if there were no distractions would not do it. They keep talking about a skunk, what do I know about a skunk and then they say it is only a matter of time. Our good and dear friends Charlie and Rae,said they see it coming also and have sent a special recipe for deskunking dogs..

All I know is that I am spending more time on the leash, and less time off.. I promise that I will not do it again.. or at least I will try a little bit. But I can't help myself..

No comments: