Sunday, May 31, 2009

Little Foxes and slimey stuff...

we have finally figured out the big mystery, the reason why the foxes cut through our yard is because there are little foxes living in the big rocks behind Rose's place. It has been solved by the second best wildlife spotter in the house, dad. Every once and a while we see little fox heads on the rocks playing around their den. My very restricted life has become more restrictive as I want to get to these guys, the adults will not let me.. they are not sure what I will do when I get to them, play or try to grab them.. I am not sure either. Forethought and reflection are not my strong suits.

After about 20 rainy days in May, the sun came out yesterday and the folks were in a special place as they bought worms for the compost bin.. woowee, they sure know how to have fun. A rather lengthy discussion ensued extoling the virtues of red wigglers, the conclusion was that we would have better compost and be able to throw more stuff in the bin, we sure know how to live large on the end of the woods.

One final question we have been thinking about; if little foxes are called kits, why aren't little cats called fox's???

No comments: